Dr. Thomas Chacko, Food Allergy Specialist
An experienced allergist, Dr. Thomas Chacko provides treatment for food allergy to both adults and children. Dr. Chacko is also a board certified immunologist whose wide experience and treatment protocols deliver many successful outcomes. He is a patient favorite. Dr. Chacko maintains five food allergy treatment centers in the Atlanta area, so you will find an office close to you wherever you are located in Metro Atlanta.
Dr. Chacko has been published in multiple scientific journals and other publications, including a review of the current asthma guidelines and a chapter on anaphylaxis in the operating room. He has also presented his research on allergy skin testing and immunotherapy at national meetings for the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, and the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
Awards & Recognition
- Selected for cover of Atlanta magazine’s “Top Doctor” issue
- Rated “One of America’s Top Doctors in Allergy/Immunology”
- Chacko elected president of the Georgia Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology Society – chosen by fellow allergists/immunologists in the Atlanta/Georgia area
- Repeatedly named one of Atlanta’s Top Doctors by Atlanta magazine
- Named one of Atlanta’s top allergists by Jezebel magazine
Professional Memberships & Honors
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, and American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Invited to serve on the 10-person taskforce of the National Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology to write “Practice Parameters in Allergy Immunotherapy for 2012” – the only allergist in Georgia to be so honored
Outside of Medicine
Dr. Chacko is originally from New York City and moved to the Atlanta area in the summer of 2007 along with his wife, who is a high school teacher. He enjoys playing with his three small children and watching most sports.
Education & Training
Graduated, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia PA
Internal Medicine Residency
New York University/ Bellevue Hospital
Internal Medicine/Pediatric Allergy and Immunology Training
- University of South Florida, Tampa Florida
- Scored in the top 1% nationwide on the Allergy/Immunology In-Training Exam
- Board Certified Pediatric and Adult Adult/Immunologist
Dr. Chacko is fluent in English and Spanish.
Dr. Chacko has the unique opportunity to be affiliated with some of Atlanta’s premier otolaryngology practices.